Monday, January 29, 2007


THE SIX DOLLAR MAN
That's what I feel like right now. About $6, not $6 million. Although I have enough hardware in me to say otherwise. Make that 6 cents. I feel like crap. I had surgery on my elbow Friday. The good news was the surgeon did not have to re-break the old injury to access the new break. He did have to "pull my tricep away from the joint to do the repair". Just the sound of that made me wince. The after effects are making me wince now. I was in surgery from 3 PM until after 10 PM. They had to operate on me face down which meant I had a chest tube in to breath...and a tube inserted into my manhood. The adhesive they used to fix the chest tube was industrial strength and my skin was not liking it. My chin looks like I am a burn victim with blisters. So add that to how you think I look after 2 days in the hospital. That's right...I look sweet. The morphine drip was good the first 16 hours or so. Now that I am at home I feel like I took the short end of a beating. My rib is really killing me too. Needless to say, this surgery seems to be having more of a negative effect than the last one in August. I feel a lot more banged up and am in no big hurry to get back on the trainer. I want my mommy. Or Dr. Rudy Wells to make me bionic....

5 comments:

Old as dirt said...

Hang in there, we're pulling for ya.
Speedy recovery!

Did you see what Andy wrote about you on the Team Website?

He was warned not to ride for risk of breaking his collar bone and missing the key early season classics. He managed to stay upright so management will be breaking his collar bone this Sunday as punishment.

I'll slap him for you!

UltraMick said...

The flip side to being bionic (at any price level) is that they made you better than you were. So keep thinking happy thoughts (even without the morphine drip) and you'll be the new and improved you in no time at all! Get well soon!

PNWBuckeye said...

OAD, That's funny. I saw that on the site last night and decided that I think Andy may have jinxed me. The Oliver Stone in me is thinking a possible conspiracy. Come to think of it, there was a grassy knoll nearby...

PNWBuckeye said...

Stoked, my lady is probably wishing they had implanted the bionic atitude adjustment.

There is a reason I chose black as my template color though....

Anonymous said...

Your mommy would just tell you to suck it up, don't lean your bike against the garage siding, and to clean your room.

Do you have your Steve Austin action figure with you or is at the Big Yellow Banana Bordello?

Hope they gave you a morphine 12 pack to go.