Monday, January 22, 2007

BROKEN AGAIN
Call me Cadel Evans, except slower. I broke a bone in my elbow again on Saturday. Same elbow as before, different bone. X-rays revealed a break in my humerus near the joint. and no, it's not funny. Needless to say, I am pissed and more than a little depressed. A line from a Smith's song keeps coming back to me: "I wear black on the outside because black is how I feel on the inside."
Especially since I was really looking forward to the spring races and, dare I say it, had really good form that was only going to get better. I think I bruised or cracked a rib also, so the pain in the ass factor is back. Not to mention the expense. I see the surgeon tomorrow and am probably going to have another surgery. Andy from the team said he was putting me on suicide watch. Might not be a bad idea. I don't know if I have the motivation in me to do another 2 months on the trainer. I think all of those chips were cashed in last time.
F*#K!!

8 comments:

Old as dirt said...

Injuries and Crashes Suck, sorry to hear that, keep your head up.
You didn't last 25 years in this game by giving up, so don't do it now.

Anonymous said...

Dude! That sucks! Hope it wasn't one of my team mates that crashed you again. ;-)

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

Cheers!
-Ian

Anonymous said...

Dude! That sucks! Hope it wasn't one of my team mates that crashed you again. ;-)

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

Cheers!
-Ian

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can ride one handed on a traiier, once the ribs heal. Trying to think positive.

UltraMick said...

Ouch! How many ways can we affirm that crashing sucks? When I trashed my ribs in October, I discovered that you can ride the recumbent stationary bike in the gym long before you can get on a "real" trainer. Of course, after 10 minutes, you'll need someone standing suicide watch at your side...but it was a great chance to catch up on Vogue and Better Homes & Gardens....

Old as dirt said...

That's just what Joe wants to do instead of being at Spring races, reading Vogue and Better Homes and Garden!! You think he's like Michael Pruitt?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your luck Joe. At least it wasn't Ft. Wayne and the infamous crack again. Perhaps if you ate more grilled cheese sandwiches your bones wouldn't be so brittle. It does seem that your on your way to becoming cycling's Evil Kenievl. How many unbroken bones do you have left?

FstrBlly said...

You gimpy muth*rf*ker
What's wrong with you?
Two whiskeys and the '24' box set for you.