Thursday, February 01, 2007

Operacion Joeto
So, I have felt like crap ever since my operation on Friday. I chalked it up to the 4 hour + operation during which I was face down and under full anesthesia and then the 2 days in the hospital. My surgeon agreed that those things did have a factor but the main reason I had no energy and felt like crap was I had lost a lot of blood during the surgery. So much in fact that my hematocrit had dropped 23 percent from pre to post surgery. 23 percent. I asked him if he had collected my lost blood into bags which were now in refrigeration in his office under my cat's name and that I could collect in July before going to Superweek.
He said "no"and that I should "go eat some red meat". I told him if we were in Spain he would have. Damn it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least your laughing... well, making me laugh anyway.

Anonymous said...

Just whip out your 55 gallon drum of Procrit (what a great name!) and tap a vein. You'll be ready in no time.

Anonymous said...

I think that drum was confiscated in Minnesota a few years back