Tuesday, February 20, 2007

PRIORITY!
Priority Health is making its presence known at the T o C. I am not just talking about Omer Kem getting some face time and a shout out from Phil Ligget because he crashed. Read about it here in Velosnooze. Why do I care? Because I was a guest director for them at Cascade last year and got to know Glen Mitchell, Tom "love my mullet" Zirbell and Omer "Phil Ligget knows me now" Kem. They were great guys to work with and we all had a good time, especially when Zirbell scored a stage win. Local boy Morgan Schmitt is also on their roster.
They got shafted yesterday by the race officials who decided to change the rules and extend the 3KM rule out to somewhere just after the start line so local boy Levi "My Wife and I Like Silly Toy Dogs" Leipheimer could wave to all of his hometown fans from the podium. Otherwise Ben Jacques-Maynes would have had the leader's jersey and we could have seen Omer riding tempo on the front just in front of the Discovery Channel train.
How classic would that have been. Keep at Priority!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think you managed to put in enough links?