Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Giro Coverage on OLN (because I refuse to call it by its new name)

I know I really should not be complaining about cycling coverage on television because, well, at least I can get cycling coverage on television. But here is the thing, when OLN has 2 hours of coverage on a Sunday covering the final day of the Giro (or any stage race for that matter) and the last stage happens to be a time trial, why do they have to spend all of 15 minutes doing a recap of the preceding week's stages and then spend the other 1 hr 45 min showing the time trial? The last thing I want to do is watch that much of a friggin' time trial. This year's Giro had 2 awesome mountain stages leading up to the last day and a stage where Jens Voigt stormed off the front for a great solo win. I want to watch that, not some mind numbing time trial. Use the first hour to show more of the exciting stages and spend an hour at most showing the TT.

(note: yeah, I know about Cycling.tv and Cyclingfans.com and all the other on-line outlets, I am talking specifically about what I can watch for free on my big screen television and not have to get up at the crack of dawn to catch)

No comments: