Tuesday, June 03, 2008


The Claw 2008

After a thorough beating by the Symmetrics A-Team last year, I decided 2008 was the year I acted my age and raced Masters at the Enumclaw Stage Race. Even as late as a few days prior to registration closing I was still considering racing the 1-2 race. I succumbed however and opted for Masters. That was a decision I did not regret.

BRI went 1-2 in the overall as well as going 1-2 in the crit. (photo courtesy Wheels in Focus: The BRI Blue Train doing the last lap lead out).

That's right, we ruled. It was fantastic. I was a water carrier for the weekend since time trials are not my thing and we have infinitely better sprinters on the team than myself (since I don't possess a single fast twitch muscle) for the criterium. The entire team really raced well together and did what needed to be done in the final stage road race to place our guys 1-2 in the overall. Hats off to Carter as well who also fielded a strong team. It was fun racing against those guys.

No comments: