Friday, March 16, 2007

THE TIME LINE:






This was taken Jan. 24, 5 days after I broke my elbow again. I rigged some old Scott Drop-In bars so that I could rest my giant Fiddler Crab arm in a somewhat elevated position. I was due for surgery, again, in 2 days. This was my rig for at least 2 weeks following my surgery. The smile is forced. Joy is not my friend.



This was taken a couple of weeks ago when I was in LA. I am riding my buddy Harm's trainer on his patio, enjoying some sun and warm weather....on the trainer. As if I need anything else for Harm to make fun of me for. This is 5 weeks post-surgery. The splint (in BRI colors might I add) is removable and what I wore once I could put some more weight on the arm. The smile is not so forced in this one.

This one was taken yesterday. And no the smile is not forced, for I am on the road again. It was 60 degrees, sunny and I got to ride my bike on the road, for the third day in a row. 7 weeks post surgery (don't tell my surgeon, even though I am wearing a padded brace on my elbow). Hallelujah! The surgeon did not seem as conservative with this injury as he was with the last although I am not sure he would be psyched to know I am riding already. I did 50 miles, it was fantastic!

And note to those in the Seattle Cycling community that were paying attention to this time line, what should you take from this? That I was training. So beware. I am going to get all jacked up on Mountain Dew and come at you all like a spider monkey. You have been warned.

4 comments:

SLOVER said...

milk does a body good!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. the ego trainer. Don't encourage him. I swear these injuries make him faster somehow.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting back on the road.

Anonymous said...

Like a spider monkey!