Wednesday, March 07, 2007


SHE DID IT!
My lady completed her very first marathon Sunday in LA. The photo is of the camera phone variety taken of her at mile 19. She came in a hair over her time-goal but I am giving it to her considering she came down with some sort of sinus infection the day before we flew there. Ugh. You train for 6 months for an event and catch something 4 days before it. I had a lot of fun cheering her on from various locations throughout the marathon. I don't even like running across the street let alone running 26.2 (her wrist GPS said that it was actually 26.39 by the way).

2 comments:

Old as dirt said...

Always a great accomplishment to finish a Marathon, and she doesn't even look too thrashed!

I looked a lot worse after cycle u tt last night (Pruitt beat me....again!)

P-Dog said...

i don't remember ever beating you before.... an i was busy being taken apart by the McSickness/Neidecker combo attack. i still think i should have the climbers jersey for hitting the top of the climb first,

and good job ms. joe. someone in the house needs to show some athletic performance.

those don't look like axley to me though.