Tuesday, February 19, 2008

T of C

Just a few bullet points on this for now:
  • First off, let's hear it for local Seattle product Tyler Farrar who was at the top of the leader board for the prologue all the way until the really, really big guns began to fire (and who has a bigger prologue gun right now than Cancellara?)
  • How about Rock Racing's Mike Ball playing chicken with AEG and blinking first? Seriously though, I have to agree with him in principle. I think it is BS that just because someone is "under investigation" (whatever that means) then they can't continue to race. Granted, it has seemed to play out that where there is smoke, there is fire, but until we start seeing the flames, let them race. Besides, hasn't Hamilton done his time on this already?
  • More Rock Racing, one word: Cipo. Can he win a stage in this year's T of C? I say no. Too many other good sprinters in the race and Cipo always had to win from a train. I don't think Rock Racing has that train. Especially not with only 4 other guys on the team (rumor has it that number will be down to 3 when today starts).
  • Who has the worst new kit of the 2008 T of C? I think it is a definite battle between High Road and BMC. My vote goes to BMC. I mean, come on, when Jackson Stewart was off the front in Monday's coverage I was thinking, why are they showing this Fred in the plain white jersey and black shorts off the front? Isn't the whole point of sponsoring a team to actually advertise? I had no idea who Stewart raced for at least half the time they were showing him off the front and my memory was failing me until Phil, Paul and Bob said he was on BMC. Man those are some terrible kits.

Chime in all. I know I have been gone for a time but tell all your friends I am back in the blogging saddle again. It's bike racing time again which means bloggin and talking shit.

3 comments:

Andrew F Martin said...

I was much happier with Cipo retired. That way we could say we were the last to race with him...

Anonymous said...

I'd say Hamilton served his time if he was caught taking EPO or something. But they have his entire doping program on file. I think when you have proof that someone was cheating...every single day at every single race, over and over again, except for the ones where they withdrew his blood and he was god awful, then you hand out a lifetime ban. So he should serve a new suspension if they proceed with this whole thing and get rid of him forever. I loved the photo of Cipo in the car smiling and poor 'ol Tyler looking like he was going to cry in the backseat. Boo hoo

PNWBuckeye said...

Come on man, you know he was inspired by Tugboat during all those hurculean rides.