Thursday, October 19, 2006

KEXP Pledge Drive
OK, it's pledge drive time again, and I hate pledge drive time. But, I love KEXP and if you love music you should too. So man (or woman) up and pledge, even if it is a little, because every little bit helps and KEXP is worth it. I will admit to have growing a bit stale in my music listening choices prior to moving up here. But I got clued into KEXP and I give a big kudos to them for broadening my music horizons. They just played my new favorite song by Plastic Bertrand called Ca Plane Pour Moi (This Life's For Me). That's right, my new favorite song is a 1977 pop song sung in French by a Belgian. Live with it, and give it a listen before passing judgment...but go pledge first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=25737

90k a year for a indie DJ?

PNWBuckeye said...

Hey anonymous, someone who is really good at what they do should be rewarded accordingly, even an "Indie DJ". Non-profits have paid staffers, even member supported radio. My point, I like KEXP, I have been turned onto a lot of music I otherwise would not have and I joined. I don't care that my favorite DJ on my favorite radio station gets paid 90K to do something that he is very good at.

Anonymous said...

I love Plastic Bertrand.