Friday, December 17, 2010

Best Training Tool Developed in the Past Decade? Powermeter? HR Monitor? I say, Neither.

I've been having some discussions lately with a few of my more training savvy friends on the pros and cons of training with power versus training with a heart rate monitor (as some are going back to HR such as Quick Step) and I've come to the conclusion that the best device for training that has come around in the past decade is the Ipod. It beats SRM's and HR Monitors hands down. I think I will just create playlists for training plans from here on out.

Today's playlist included songs by:
The Cult
Sisters of Mercy
Siousxsie and the Banshees
Shriekback
Nitzer Ebb
Front 242
The Stone Roses
Echo and the Bunnymen
Joy Division
New Order
The Cure
Big Audio Dynamite
Public Image Limited

I will let you figure out what zones I was riding in today.
With that, I will leave you with this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PIL was so awesome! I saw them once in Columbus, OH, back in the nineties.

Johnny Rotten was making fun of the audience for being merely spectators and not getting rowdy. Seems like he was making self-parody about being in his position, in front of us on a stage, making hand gestures like Hitler made in his speeches.

Michael