Friday, November 12, 2010

Zen and the Art of Training:

In a recent exchange with the Hedge Fund, he had this to say which pretty much hits the nail on the head to what my approach has been for both myself and my young padwan (who will remain nameless to protect the "innocent" - most of you know who he is anyway).

"...but one thing I just haven't gotten into is the counting. I guess I'm like that with watts though...maybe it's useful to know sometimes, but on a certian level it makes my mind take over and deadens a bit fo the "feel" component. I believe more and more in getting your head around macro principles but then using a lot of intuition and personality and maybe you could even say personal expression for the rest. We've all got our own way of going about things and if you can plug into that, and treat your "training" and racing more like an art show than like a science experiment, I think that's when it starts to click. You've just gotta live it, and counting shit takes me out of that.”

Amen brother.

2 comments:

Martin Criminale said...

"I like it."

Says the guy with no power meter or even cyclometer...

Lang said...

ugh, come on