Monday, April 07, 2008

Yeah! What He Said.

I have to agree with my Bay area friend on this one. I think what China has done and is doing in Tibet is deplorable. But protesting China by protesting the Olympic torch relay is not the same thing. And the fringe talk that I hear about boycotting the Olympics in Beijing make my head hurt. Because it is not the host country that suffers, it is the athletes, period. The Olympics are about sport, not politics. So leave the politics out of it and let the athletes compete. And to all you torch relay protesters out there, get a clue.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's not like the Tibet thing is new, they were well aware of it when the Olympics was awarded.

Anonymous said...

Torches, smorches! Big deal! You can buy them at Walmart for $2.88. And guess what? They're made in China.

Anonymous said...

I thought that Dali was dead? His Persistence of Memory painting was obviously LSD induced. C'mon, melting clocks? I never knew he had a pet llama either. Sounds like revisionist bullshit to me. His moustache rocked!